Welcome Back to KCCA 2023-24
Hello Kendall College & Career Families,
It is that time in the summer season when we plan for the start of school! The Kendall Staff is excited to share about all of the rich opportunities to engage each scholar as 21st Century Learners. Below are answers to questions that may be on your mind.
What are the details of the start of school?
- The first day of school for all students in grades 1-5 and half of the kindergarten students (please see your staggered entry letter) will be on 8/28.
- The school doors will open at 8:00 a.m. for a free breakfast and morning interactions. We have whole school announcements and Morning Meeting starting at 8:15 a.m. After 8:15 a.m., your child will be marked tardy.
- The dismissal procedure begins at 2:45 pm and ends at 2:50 pm.
- Students should remain in school through dismissal so they have a well balanced education, including community engagement and opportunities for rewards.
What is so unique about being a Kendall student?
- Kendall has a full-time school counselor, parent engagement coordinator, and enrichment opportunities during and after school focused on project-based learning. We are one of the few elementary schools with a full-time Gifted & Talented teacher who provides support for ALL students.
- We are the only school in the district (and one of the few in our state) with a project-based special.
- On KCCA Fridays, students can look forward to joyful connections to our magnet theme, and we ask all community members to wear their Kendall uniform shirt.
- For examples of our magnet successes, please see our Celebration of Learning Page, which is on our website: https://sites.google.com/norwalkps.org/kendall/kcca-2022-2023
How can I get involved this year?
- Please sign up for Parent Square, which will replace Class Dojo communication this year. https://www.norwalkps.org/departments/communications/nps-parentsquare
- The School Governance Council needs new members. Get involved in decision-making! Email Dr. Baker for info. email@example.com
- We will have a free community event in collaboration with the PTA on Thursday, August 24th, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. During that time, you can meet teachers, grab lunch, enter raffles, and pick up your child’s free uniform shirt! Please see the attached flier!
- Attend the Open House on September 14th at 6 p.m.
Is there before and after school programming?
- Carver After the Bell is onsite here at Kendall. Please visit http://app.schooldoc.com/register/carverafterschool. If you need assistance regarding your account or registering for a fall session, please contact Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jolene at email@example.com or 203-838-4305.
What school supplies will my child need?
- We recommend that each child bring a backpack. All other supplies will be provided. Teachers will make recommendations about what resources might be helpful at home.
Where can we look for information about transportation?
- The transportation department will post bus information to the NPS website before the start of school.
When is school closed during the year?
- There is no school on Mon. 9/4 due to Labor Day and Mon. 9/25 in celebration of Yom Kippur. For the full calendar, please see the district’s website.
We look forward to partnering with you so that your Kendall College & Career Scholar Shines Bright this school year!
Dr. Zakiyyah Baker
Mr. Randall Austin
- Kendall College and Career Center
- back to school